Game Face Gaming Inc. http://www.faceupgaming.com is energetic, ambitious, financially secure, young public company, based in US and specializes in the space of social networking and online gaming. The company is launching the first major beta version of the online platform within the next couple of months.
You will lead an innovative team of software developers to design and build our online social network and API (similar to Facebook, Vkontakte, LinkedIn, etc.). You're a very hands-on software architect and technical manager who can influence and lead the architecture, design and development of a scalable, high performance, and high reliability platform. You'll recruit, mentor, and lead a team of 8-10 exceptionally talented engineers. You'll lead through uncertainty and collaborate with other engineering teams, Business Development, and teams across the organization to make things happen to achieve desired results.
Desired Skills & Experience:
Deep Software Technical Skills:
You are deeply technical, understand how to break down problems and design extensible solutions. Reverse a linked list? That's way too easy for you. You write recursive programs navigating dependency graphs for fun. You are well grounded in object-oriented design patterns, algorithms, data structures, and development in C#.NET, or Java, etc. You know how to scale systems to a billion calls per day, how to parallelize requests, and how to apply asynchronous messaging. You have experience implementing distributed caching and know how to transform data while preserving integrity and consistency. In short, you could be the Architect or CTO of a large-scale Web 2.0 company. You likely have a BS, MS or PhD in Computer Science or closely related field.
API Platform Experience:
You understand the challenges of providing REST APIs (like LinkedIn API and Vkontakte API) along with SQL-style interfaces such as Yahoo's YQL or Facebook's FQL. You have experience implementing 2-legged and 3-legged OAuth authentication and authorization. You should understand how to throttle distributed API requests and implement fault-tolerant systems that offer commercial-level availability.
Management and Cross-Organizational Influence:
You have demonstrated successful leadership in building and leading small, high-performance engineering teams. You understand the value of relationships and are highly effective at influencing cross-organizational teams to implement internal component APIs to meet the needs of external consumers. You communicate effectively to all levels inside the company and with partners.
In short, you rock! Your team rocks too! If this is you, apply now.
• Previous experience in building large scale multi-user projects/online games/social networks is a must
• Experience in C#, ASP.NET, Flash, C++, MY SQL, MS SQL
• A minimum of 10 years of software development experience, with at least 3 years designing and building sites that take advantage of social networking technology.
• Understanding Web application development concepts including architecture, design, building, testing, and deployment.
• Experience and Knowledge of social networking technology limitations with the expertise to overcome those technical challenges.
• Experience with APIs from leading social networking sites.
• The creativity and initiative to successfully drive a solution given a clear goal but a limited set of requirements.
• Experience selecting and working with third-party vendors and partners to design and integrate external solutions and products.
• Ability to work effectively in an Agile/SCRUM programming environment.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skill.
To learn more about vacancy please ask Olga.
e-mail: olku@ciklum net